Sunday, September 16, 2007

Moving forward

I created this blog back in March of 2007, intending it to be software development blog containing posts about various topics related to my field and my thoughts, in general. I chose "Moving forward" as the name of the blog to reflect what I think is a core tenet of my career/programming/personal ideology .. I always want to be taking the next steps, learning new things, exposing myself to new ideas, technologies, and environments.

Well, I wasn't very good about maintaining that iteration of this blog, but the title has taken on new meaning for me. Tomorrow is my first day at a new job! In many ways this new opportunity is just the latest way that I'm trying to move myself forward. My hope is that I can use this blog to chronicle and share the new things I am exposed to and the new ways of thinking and working that I learn as I move forward in my career.